If you think that innovation is derived from a deep understanding of your customer, think again.
In Clayton Christiansen’s new book – Competing Against Luck – he tackles the long held belief that innovation comes from understanding the customer. But based on his research, that thinking is wrong!
His theory is that real innovation comes not from customer insights, but from a deep understanding of why people “hire” your product.
Put in a simpler way, true innovation does not come from understanding the characteristics of your customer, it comes from identifying what “job” your customer is “hiring” your product or service for.
In this 32 minute episode, Sean Jackson and Jessica Frick provide new insight into The Digital Entrepreneur’s journey, including …
- Why you should, or should not, abandon social media
- How you can apply the theory of Jobs To Be Done to your online efforts
- And, the tools and information website sites that may help you improve your online efforts
The Show Notes
- To sign up for free to the Digital Commerce Academy, send a text message to 313131, with the keyword DIGITS (if you are in the continental USA). If you are outside the USA, email firstname.lastname@example.org. As a special bonus we will subscribe you to our newsletter when you text or email us.
- Connect with Sean Jackson on LinkedIn
- Follow Sean on Twitter
- Connect with Jessica Frick on LinkedIn
- Follow Jessica on Twitter