Joanna Penn was a self-proclaimed “cubicle slave” who had a nagging feeling that she “should” be happy with her life, even though she wasn’t. So many digital entrepreneurs face similar feelings on their path to freedom. How did Joanna get from there and become a very successful, bestselling author entrepreneur? In this episode, Joanna shares her digital entrepreneur origin story.
It’s a story all of us who are aspiring and even current digital entrepreneurs can learn from.
In this 36-minute episode, you’ll discover:
- How Joanna started and failed numerous businesses before one stuck
- The book she read that changed her life
- What eventually inspired Joanna to become unwilling to live with the pain of having a job she didn’t love
- Why Joanna decided that she was NOT going to go up the career ladder (and what she means by a “Pizza Hut job”)
- The importance of embracing movement and the “zig-zag”
- How Joanna dealt with her inner “frustrated creative” who had a NEED to do something that mattered
- How Joanna got into self-publishing … without any publishing experience at all
- Why Joanna is now “seriously happy” in her new life … and how “work-life balance” doesn’t really apply when you love what you do
And more. You can get more from Joanna at thecreativepenn.com, and you can see her speak this October at Digital Commerce Summit. Early bird ticket prices go away later this month! For more information, go to rainmaker.fm/summit.