Finding the right people to join your growing online business is not easy. But, with a little effort, you can create a compelling offer that does not require you to spend a lot.
Many people are becoming more selective in how they approach their career. For an online business this can be a challenge, especially if you want to attract the right people for your business.
And while it will take some effort, if you craft your company story in the right way, you may find you won’t have to spend a lot to hire them. As a business owner it is important to remember that some of the best people you want to attract will make their decision NOT based on the salary you provide, but on how well you can help them achieve their personal goals.
So if you are looking to hire more people, or just want to create the right environment for future hires, then this episode will help you.
In this episode we interview Kathryn Minshew from TheMuse.com to take a deep dive into the ways that businesses of any size can stand out from their peers and bring in the right talent to help grow their business.
In this 35-minute episode, Sean Jackson, Jessica Frick, and Kathryn Minshew discuss the key components of recruiting talent, including …
- How unique you have to be to stand out
- Why younger workers are more discriminating in the jobs they pursue
- Why corporate culture is more than just a slogan and is essential in finding the right people
- Tips and tactics you can use right now to improve your online recruiting efforts
- Finally, our question for the week – Should you be overly obsessive about competitive research?
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why over 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details
- Check out TheMuse.com guide for employers, Employer Branding 101
- Jessica’s favorite tool for online adverting competitive research, SpyFu
- Follow Sean on Twitter
- Follow Jessica on Twitter